This month marks four years since you elected me as your MP for Sevenoaks and Swanley. And, I have been grateful every day since.
Over the last twelve months I have received and replied to over 18,423 emails – which range from discussions about policy, to help with local issues.
It is an honour to serve as the MP for such a wonderful community, and by working together we have this year (to name just a few):
- Secured contactless ticketing for six local stations and additional services on the Maidstone East Fast Line
- Successfully opposed the Labour London Mayors proposal to scrap the one-day travel card to London
- Supported residents and councils in their objections to developments on our much-loved green spaces, including the Croudace Home Ltd appeal in Brittains Lane, and the planning application for Ashgrove Road
- Put a stop to local unauthorised developments – most notable Wheatsheaf Hill
- Secured funding to build a new Special Educational Need and Disabilities school in Swanley
- Supported Darent Valley Hospital when they were awarded £2.5million to create additional beds across three wards.
But, there is of course more to be done and I look forward to ensuring our community continues to get the investment, recognition and opportunities it deserves.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2023. My team and I will be working throughout the festive period, so if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
MP for Sevenoaks and Swanley
To see Laura's newsletter in full click here