The first step to forming the new Local Plan is to ask people who live, work and relax in the Sevenoaks District for their opinions. The council have tried to identify the ‘issues’ that the District will face over the next twenty years, based on the evidence gathered so far, and have suggested ‘options’ for dealing with them. This consultation is on the high-level strategy for the future development of the District, rather than consulting on the future of individual sites, which will take place in early 2018.
An issues and options paper has been issued and this consultation will run from 3 August until 5 October.
This document is based on one of the most comprehensive and up to date evidence bases ever assembled for any plan in Sevenoaks District. It takes as its starting point the current state of the district and suggests a vision for the future that aims to protect and enhance the existing qualities of places whilst creating new settings to help meet future needs. The plan will also help identify the provision of new and improved infrastructure to make places function better, whilst acknowledging that in most cases funding will be dependent on the Government, their agencies or other infrastructure providers.
Do make sure you have your say on the local plan - the Conservative district council is pledged to protect the green belt.
See this link and register to keep updated.
Here is a link to the local plan survey:
There will be drop in sessions as follows;
- Monday 11 September 2 to 8pm at Sevenoaks District Council, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 1HG
- Tuesday 12 September 2 to 8pm at Edenbridge Town Council, Rickards Hall, Edenbridge, TN8 5AR
- Wednesday 13 September 2 to 8pm at Swanley Town Council, St Mary's Road, Swanley, BR8 7BU
- Thursday 14 September 2 to 8pm at Westerham Town Council, Russell House, Market Square, Westerham, TN16 1RB
- Friday 15 September 5 to 8pm at New Ash Green Village Association, Centre Road, New Ash Green, DA3 8HH